DISHTV Satelite

More
11 years 11 months ago #10003 by JackandKim06
DISHTV Satelite was created by JackandKim06
Good Morning,

We are new to using the receiver from our stick house with a satelite we have on a tripod. What is the easiest way to setup and locate the required satelite? We have the attachment that pings when we are getting close. Looking for any help/suggestions.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #10009 by Ed Kelly
Replied by Ed Kelly on topic Re: DISHTV Satelite
With DISH it is go to menue then individually enter 6, 1, 1. This will give you the info you need. Put up the signal meter, turn up the volume, open the window and you will be ready outside to point. Good luck. I hsve switched to Direct as I could not get good support on the road from Dish.

Ed & Joan

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #10010 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: DISHTV Satelite
With dish when you get the screen after entering 611 you may want to enter the zip code of the location you are at so the azimuth, elevation and skew are shown. These numbers help you make sure the dish is positioned as best you can when starting and waiting for the pinging. Try bringing in the signal for Dish 119 satellite first if you have the dish for 119 and 110. Move the outside dish very slowly and allow the person inside the RV at least 10 seconds to see if the signal strength bar turns green and when it says locked on 119 again be very careful when you tighten your screws/bolts as you can lose the signal with just a slight adjustment/movement. Good luck!

More
11 years 11 months ago #10018 by AV8R
Replied by AV8R on topic Re: DISHTV Satelite
I got the Dish Traveler mounted to the roof of my Hitchhiker. I turn the unit on and wait ten minutes for it to find satellites, then call Dish to activate the Pay-as-you-go service. Been pretty happy with one exception: I sometimes cannot get Dish reps to understand it is a pay-as-you-go service and I can turn it on and off whenever I want. I learned to check my bill to make sure they deactivated service.

More
11 years 11 months ago #10035 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: DISHTV Satelite
I use an Android sat finding app for DirecTV. I assume there is one available for DishTV. It is at least as accurate as a zip code and sometimes more so. Depending on location, a zip code can cover a lot of square miles and you may not be in the center of them.

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds