Sent them packing

More
9 years 4 months ago #13267 by skyking8
Sent them packing was created by skyking8
Finally, someone handed Bill Belichick his stocking hat and sent him Patriots packing. Their winning was getting boring. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #13268 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Sent them packing
I am with you on this one and I get bored with the MR. CRANKY PANTS look on his face all the time. GO Packers, whoohoo! Live in Florida and just cannot get excited about any of our teams.

More
9 years 3 months ago #13375 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Sent them packing
Well, pretty hard to get excited about Jaguars with two wins and Tampa with none, and Miami at the bottom of the heap too.

You would think these teams recruited from the Seniors population so prevalent in Florida -- OH oh, maybe that's a good idea -- recruit from the Seniors here. We certainly won't get a worse record.

And - despite all the "Patriots haters" out here in football land, NE wins and wins, and there is something to be said for that consistency. The idea behind pro sports is excellency on the field in competition.

I know, someone will pop up here with the 'inflate-gate' etc. Unproven allegations made by a team that LOST .. actually got a complete waxing ... Pats didn't need a deflated football to win that game. And it's bizarre to even think a team with that much talent needs to cheat to win. I believe every NFL, NBA, MLB team does everything it can to win, and only occasionally does one player or management stoop to cheating ... and I'm of a mind that if one did it, it would be a constant behavior not an occasional behavior and caught quickly. Losers find excuses, instead of spending that 'crying time' getting better as a player.

If anyone cheats, s/he will eventually get caught, and until that happens, we need to give both the players and coaches the respect they earn - even if some of them are jerks. This is not a jerk contest, this is a professional sport, and the players and coaches in it should be treated as a team until allegations prove different.

if Belichick cheated, and it's proved beyond a doubt, I'll be the first one to disown him - but not the entire team.

More
9 years 2 months ago #13378 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Sent them packing
Not sure what to think about this football fiasco of deflating the ball. I am guessing no one will ever step up and admit they took air out of the balls in the two hour window between checking them and game start.

Does New England have a history of cheating or wrongdoing, yes they do and that is what is driving this investigation. The penalties they are talking about are really a slap on the wrist and will not change anything about the team. If by chance Brady and/or Belichick are remotely involved I hope the league comes down on them hard. Will they win the SuperBowl, yes I think they will. Will I be happy about it, NO!

More
9 years 2 months ago #13380 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic Sent them packing
Actually I feel it is the fault of the NFL not the team in particular. What were the measurements on the colts/ravens ball that they cry so loud about? If the balls are fully checked prior to the game and not kept in a secure area who can blame anyone. The latest idea is that they used a heat gun/saunna to fill the balls!

Seems trhe checker would have been able to detect 'warm balls' vs cold ones (cold ones are smaller are they not? Anyhow do the NE teams cheat, no more than any other just that some folks seem to get hard ons for successful programs at any level. You a bama or buckeye fan? How about oregon or any of the cal teams? Seems they can have loosing seasons and are still highly ranked, ala ND!

There was an article recently about the difficulty of dropping an exact 2 psi per ball! Thus the hot vs cold ball debate. If the cold ball is an issue, did they 'deflate' during the course of the game? Seems they would as the temp may have been colder than when originally tested thus the ball gets smaller also. Just a thought.

BTW what cheating? Did they do surveillance on others sure, but I would hazard a guess that the other teams do also, just dont get the news because they didn't win to begin with!

More
9 years 2 months ago #13382 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Sent them packing
This game is starting to become not about football, but about instant replay, can we beat the referee, is the ball flat, did the helmet his the helmet - or miss it? Did the DB "touch" the WR or didn't he, did the ball touch the ground in a area where NO one sees it? My best player stubbed his toe, so we lost.

I say, dump the cameras, let the referees call the game they SEE, not what the booth sees on a television. Play football - not e-ball.

These kinds of allegations come up all the time and fall by the wayside -- but for some reason, the general 'football public' seems to want a piece of Belichick -- or Brady. Who knows why? Is it the fans want to see a hero fail, is it that fans don't want anyone to achieve those goals.

NE fan or not, there is not one person that knows football that can say truthfully that Brady is not one of the greatest quarterback in the game today. His record speaks for itself. He needs NO cheating to win. So, why do it ... even if the NFL comes down and says, 'Opps, yes the ball was a little low". Unless they have checked that particular pressure in other games, and have a record of 'stable pressure' during games and temperature changes, and calibrate gauges, and all that, who's to say plenty of games have been played with slightly out of pressure balls ... Does the league test every ball when a FG kicker sets a record? Very unlikely -- only when some LOSER complains, and then it suddenly (after a hundred years of football) becomes the most important thing in NFL history -- well, it ain't - and I don't care if it's Patriots, Giants, GB, Lions, Bears or any other team. This should never happen to a team unless it's part of every day .

I'm always amazed when fans or sports announcers raise one specific QB who happens to have a "GREAT" PR department, and shows up in dumb commercials, gets raved and raved, claimed as "best ever" yet has a LOSING record in playoff games, the games that really count. Bet you can name that player without me telling his name? PR makes fans THINK a player is good, when the stats on the field are what proves it -- I'll remind every one of a recent Florida QB who 'stormed the press" when he arrived as a PRO, and fell flat on his face. Press does not make a football player, it only makes the public think he is a great player, until he proves otherwise -- same with accusations. The accusations runs on the front page in huge font, the retraction runs below a RE ad in the sales section. How fair is that?

It's all about the money now, and the press hype, and can we scream something to get the public to read our words, or watch boring repetitive analysis ... the press will beat this to death unless some player makes a bigger splash temporarily.

Best winning combination of coach / QB in NFL history - that says something, and it's not the word "Cheat" -- Matter of fact, I don't even care if the balls were soft - it makes NO difference in that game ... or most other games, and I bet NOT ONE game ball has ever been "tested" during or after a game, ever, and I bet a lot of balls lose or gain pressure during a game, or were slightly off at the beginning, or scratched. NOW, some loser (whether Raven or Colt, who cares?) screams to find a reason they lost instead of realizing a better team beat them on that day.

It reminds me if Bill Walsh, good coach, won Superbowls with great QB and great teams -- but EVERY SINGLE TIME he lost any game, he spoke to the press and blamed it on an official, an injury, or something else. It made me lose respect for him as a coach -- some days, you just get beat - no reason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stanbnv, Navyzone

Time to create page: 0.588 seconds