Re: Turning 65 in 2012. Need advice on medical.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9496 by gesuhan
Call Tricare, but I don't think you do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9499 by djenson
Medicare is now your primary insurance and Tricare pays secondary. So as long as Medicare approves you should be ok.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9601 by farrout
I'm looking in to an advantage plan.
I don't understand how it works, yet, but apparently I save over $1k per year for each of us. I can't pass that up.
Hard to believe my military retirement health coverage costs more than private coverage.

Dennis

More
12 years 2 months ago #9604 by floridakamper
I don't think you want a Medicare Advantage plan with TFL. I don't think they're compatable. Plus I think it would complicate receiving health care while traveling.

More
12 years 1 month ago #9706 by farrout
Update on advantage plans with TFL.
Yes, they are compatible.
TFL will pick up any co-pays you may have with the advantage plan, and express scripts continues to be your provider of medication.

Bottom line, I end up saving $2,400 per year.
It seems like a win-win to me.
Dennis

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #9707 by a Guest
I never heard of anyone or talked to anyone that had an advantage plan who had TFL and Medicare Part A and Part. Did some research and military times answered the question about this subject and here is their response: The advantage plans are for civilians who do not have 2 full service insurance plans as we do with TFL and Medicare Part A and B. Most of the extras if not all of them are yours through Tricare Standard which is free with TFL. Under TFL, Tricare standard acts as a free Medicare supplement.

Just thought I would put this out there and see what others have to say. We are both on TFL and Medicare Part A and B and so far have paid nothing toward medical costs and not sure where you come up with the $2400. savings.

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds