Out front

More
16 years 1 month ago #2903 by skyking8
Out front was created by skyking8
I happened to tune into the season opener for the Nationals and the Braves. President Bush threw out the first pitch that is a time-honored tradition that has happened almost 50 times in the history of baseball. As he walked onto the field, one could hear boo’s and cheers. About 50-50.

Listening to that childish behavior, it occurred to me that perhaps my third of a century military career had been served to protect morons who have no concept of respecting the dignity of the Office of the President of the United States regardless of who sits in the chair.

God, I wish there was some way to separate the true Americans from the morons so that we could stand in front of and protect the right group!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #2915 by bblhed
Replied by bblhed on topic Re: Out front
It is annoying that we served to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and the people that live in this country while we ourselves had no rights.

Two ways to look at this.

1. I may not agree with what you have to say about this country but I will defend your right to say it until my last breath.

2. Just because the First Amendment says that you can say whatever you want to about this country but common decency says you might want to hold your tongue now and then.

More
16 years 1 month ago #2926 by utmtman
Replied by utmtman on topic Re: Out front
When I run into those who balk or complain I say do you feel free to walk the streets or drive to the store? When they say yes I say thank a soldier and stop complainin. The other favorite of mine when people cry about deaths in Iraq I say how many people died in your state in the same time from crimes and drunk drivers. When they say that its different I say tell me how. I feel safer walking the streets of Bagdad than I do walking the streets at night in any big city. Most shut down right there and then.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds