Rent or Sell?

More
16 years 6 months ago #1962 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Rent or Sell?
And, where is this house anyway??? What state??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #1969 by AdventPreacher
Replied by AdventPreacher on topic Re: Rent or Sell?
The house in question is located in Lee, Maine. It was built in 1975 and has many improvements, including a new roof and oil fired furnace. It is a 3 bedroom, one bath raised ranch with vinyl siding. It sits on 7.5 acres on a gravel road. Deer, moose, and bear regularly visit the neighborhood. Mostly during their rut and in the spring time. I must have at least $109,000.00 to sell. I wouldn't know what to ask for rent. Thanks for the question.

More
16 years 6 months ago #2015 by idletimes
Replied by idletimes on topic Re: Rent or Sell?
For what it is worth the old rule of thumb for monthly rental of a standard 3 bed 2 bath home was 10 times the average area hotels daily room rent. Naturally, condition, location, and quality all impact on the final result. Also demand is a BIG driver. Still, it'll give you a starting point.

More
16 years 6 months ago #2016 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Rent or Sell?
One other point, if you decide to rent the house make sure you get a big enough deposit to cover your repair cost when they move out. When I had rental property it took the equivalent of three months rent to move in. One months worth as a security deposit plus the first and last months rent. With the very first house I made a mistake and got a small deposit and first month's rent. When they moved out, in the middle of the night, I had several hundred dollars in repairs plus they owed me a months rent. Lesson learned the hard way.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds