give me your opinion

More
16 years 7 months ago #1934 by digabe
Replied by digabe on topic Re: give me your opinion
The reason I like travelling in the center lane of a three lane expressway are: smoother roads, faster trucks can pass me and nobody has to change lanes, I don't have to change lanes for merging traffic coming down an on-ramp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #2014 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: give me your opinion
I just finished my latest trip from TX to SC. Can't count the number of times I missed an exit by being in the wrong lane. The real issue here is why can't state DOTs do a better job of advance warning with signs? Must be because the ones responsible for the job have never driven a vehicle.

More
16 years 6 months ago #2025 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic Re: give me your opinion
Urban and heavy suburban Interstates I will use the center lane to avoid the exit traffic..

On the open road.. if someone passes you on the right, you are wrong... pull over..

Yes the center lane is smoother but if I can't run with the big dogs I have no business there (hazard to vehicular navigation)

More
16 years 6 months ago #2026 by Big John
Replied by Big John on topic Re: give me your opinion
I typically run the center lane, especially when I'm going thru areas where several interstate roads intersect. I've found using the center lane often gives you a better option to hit your new routes or exits, most cities don't give you much warning about interstate turns, etc. i.e. Atlanta, you got to be on top of it to hit the lane changes for I-75, which changes left to right and right to left several times downtown.....Nashville is another one that center lane works well....

More
16 years 6 months ago #2050 by utmtman
Replied by utmtman on topic Re: give me your opinion
I too drive the center lane or the first lane left of the right lane. My reasoning is, that way I dont have to move left around traffic entering the freeway or traffic traveling slower. I also drive at 60 mph since it seems to give me my best gas average.
Digabee you might want to see if you can find you an atlas or maps that have the exit numbers on the map. It does make it a lot easier to find your exits that way.

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds