U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Campgrounds (WV, VA, OH & K

More
17 years 3 months ago #191 by FastEagle
When we full timers are hunkered down for the winter we have lots of time to wander around the cyber world searching for places to go and things to do. While on such a trek I came across this wonderful web page listed below. It is a rather large page and takes some patients to learn to navigate about in it but once it is mastered it provides a wealth of information for those wandering about in WV. I have also listed their address and phone number for those of you that may just want to call.

www.lrh.usace.army.mil/recreation/camping/

Public Affairs
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
502 Eighth Street
Huntington, WV 25701
(304) 399-5353

FastEagle

p.s. For those of you that might wonder how I came to use this nick name. During my 31 years of service in the USN I spent two tours of duty with Navy Fighter Squadron Forty-One. The first with The F4B Phantom II and the second with the F14A Tom Cat. The call sigh for that squadron during my last assignment there was Fast Eagle. I retired from VF/A-132 (F/A-18) at NAS Cecil Field, FL.

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #356 by Retired CPO
"p.s. For those of you that might wonder how I came to use this nick name. During my 31 years of service in the USN I spent two tours of duty with Navy Fighter Squadron Forty-One. The first with The F4B Phantom II and the second with the F14A Tom Cat. The call sigh for that squadron during my last assignment there was Fast Eagle. I retired from VF/A-132 (F/A-18) at NAS Cecil Field, FL."

Hi fasteagle;
Very cool website, lots of good info. I guess it's not hard to figure out where my screen name came from :). I started out in Phantoms too, VF-84 Jolly Rogers, Oceana Virginia. If I remember right you guys were our neighbors. Wound up spending most of my career on Carriers in the Pacific, then retired from VX-1, Patuxent River, Maryland. Then spent another 10 years as a Navy spouse until my wife retired.
Retired CPO

More
17 years 1 month ago #505 by Sandman
When I left Active Duty I had to drill with the reserves.. it was there that I discovered the VP Navy..

VP-68 & VP-64 & RESPATWINGLANT.. two years turned into 30..

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #598 by sierra8.1
I think I fell into an "Airdales" den!! :o :o ;D ;D

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #603 by monkey44
YOU laded right beside a SUb Sailor though !! :o

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds