Short Stays

More
16 years 8 months ago #1695 by monkey44
Short Stays was created by monkey44
I'm reading alot here about how us retired folks who like to stay awhile in different CG's -- I mean couple months, etc. And also a few complaints about how some camps are run etc, too... Unfortunately, that's just the way some are run, and probably won't change in the short term ...

Because I still travel around more than I stop long-term in campsites, I gotta step in here and say how much I like all the MCG's if only for the fact that they don't turn us away after traveling all day to get somewhere. And no matter how nice or "not-nice" the CG might be, it always seems a welcome sight for me when I'm tired and been on the road awhile. Plenty of times I've stopped late at a "civilian" site, and just asked for a spot to rest overnight, not even hook-ups, just tired and want to hole-up overnight and get underway early --- "Sorry, we're full!!!" -- "Go away!!!" ... SO, after all is said and done here, no matter which MCG I'm at, I've never been told to "go away" -- even if I end up sitting on a piece of grass just long enough to sleep and rest enough to continue safely on my way ... And that itself is worth all the money in the world ... Plus, we get to camp and sip and STS with my military buddies -- what more could anyone ask for ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #1697 by Navyzone
Replied by Navyzone on topic Re: Short Stays
Monkey44,

You are right on the money!

More
16 years 8 months ago #1698 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Short Stays
IT's nice to have the ability to stay longer-term, a few months if a guy or family wants ... long as we don't get into the "homesteading" theme we've beat to death here. But my say is still, my heart will always be with base, the guys, and a place to park my camper.

I got self-contained for a few reasons, and those reasons let me be "disconnected" for awhile, and travel around and enjoy this great and beautiful country we fought [and others still fight] to protect as long as I'm still young enough to do that. Eventually, I'll need longer stays, and better hook-ups, and services -- and guess what ?? We got those too, in the very same places ... so hats off and a sharp salute to whatever we have available when then time comes that we need it !!!!

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds