decals vs Military ID to Gain Access

More
16 years 9 months ago #1486 by Gansett
Here at Maxwell AFB, AL they quit using those windshield decals to gain access to the base. We have to stop at gate and show military ID (or other proper ID) anyway. So someone got smart and said that's all we need.

My question is: Is this AF-wide, DoD-wide, or is this just Maxwell's policy?

I know, I could call the base and find out. But hey, it's fun to post stuff. ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #1487 by fiatspider79
Art

From the info that I have received the decision was made by the Air Force's top cop and it is now AF policy but the implementation date was left to the local commander.

The other services are all considering doing the same, but for now no decisions have been made--they are all waiting to see how it works for the AF.

The main reason the "base stickers" were started in the first place is that most states didn't require insurance in those days. It was the base commanders' way to control access (not allow access) and make sure everyone driving on base was insured. Those reasons are now mostly gone as all states have strict insurance laws.

Also, homeland security officials have told DoD that the stickers make it easier to target military owned vehicles.

It is still up in the air, except for the Air Force where is is now a reality.

Glenn

More
16 years 9 months ago #1488 by Gansett
thanx Glenn, you are obviously on top of this. I was just curious and don't plan to scrape off the old sticker.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds