Club Memberships

More
6 years 5 months ago #16366 by Joenawlins
Club Memberships was created by Joenawlins
What's the best club membership to get for someone wanting to stay a couple of months at a time following the good weather?? Thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #16367 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Club Memberships
The thousand pound gorilla in campground memberships is Thousand Trails. They're properly named because they have a thousand different types of memberships. None of them allow you to stay for months, but once you're a member, you can get a seasonal site at additional cost, that does allow you to stay for months. Seasonal site prices vary among the individual campgrounds. The price range that I've seen is from a couple of thousand to 5 or 6 thousand depending on location. Again this is in addition to your initial membership purchase price and annual dues. That can be pricey in itself. For a few years, Thousand Trails has been selling single year memberships, called Zone Memberships. They have the country divided into zones, such as the southeast zone which includes Orlando. If your interested in Thousand Trails, I'd suggest a Zone Membership first to try it out and visit various campgrounds. I think a Zone Membership is something like $500 a year. I don't have one so check my info for accuracy but they do frequently have sales, like Buy one Zone get another Zone for free. Take a look at the Thousand Trails website to get idea of where their campgrounds are located. Thousand Trails They also have a Facebook page where you can ask questions and most RV Forums discuss them at length.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joenawlins

More
6 years 5 months ago #16369 by Joenawlins
Replied by Joenawlins on topic Club Memberships
Thx for the response. I'm not looking to spend that kind of money. Looking at a lot of base spots, it appears that 2week to a month limits that can run you like 5 to 6 hundred a month. I've seen a happy camper club I think with 1/2 off plans. Going full time and don't really want to pick up and go every couple of weeks.

More
6 years 5 months ago #16370 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Club Memberships
I think Happy Camper and Passport America are similar, with Passport America being the most recognized. Passport America is inexpensive and a money saver. In high demand areas/campgrounds it is generally not available or only available in the off season. Most participating campgrounds have some rules like Monday to Thursday only or only valid for two nights. Still I would think it would be very valuable for a traveling full timer and a money saver for all RVers.

Naval Station Mayport has two campgrounds on base. One is for stays longer than 30 days. For the winter months reservations fill up months in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joenawlins

More
6 years 5 months ago #16371 by Joenawlins
I'm in Shreveport and Barksdale has longterm hookups for 400 per month, but who wants to be here. I ret out of Cecil and plan on spending time in that area as well. TT has no spots in heartland and I won't spend a penny in Ca,

More
6 years 5 months ago #16372 by Joenawlins
Maybe this is a better question? Is there a list of bases with long term hookups available? I know Barksdale, Seabee base in Gulfport and Mayport.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds