Opinion on Class A vs 5th Wheel

More
6 years 8 months ago #16233 by rickrikki
Hi, new to the site, doing some research because the wife and I are retired and have on occasion considered selling the house and going to RV or 5th wheel full time. As a 100% Perm and Total AF Veteran, found I can camp at any base which definitely sparked a renewed interest. Would love to hear from any of you that have time to give some insight - for instance, would we be better in a Class A or 5th wheel? How would we get mail on the road? How difficult is it to get into some of the campgrounds? That kind of thing would be really helpful for us at this point. Pointing us to websites or identifying books that would help would also be appreciated. Looks like you are all having a great time, and we'd like to join in the fun before we're just too old to see the country (70 is the new 60 I've been told...:-).....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #16244 by rtdavew
Have owned an Airstream, two class B camper vans and two class A one diesel one gas. For me I like a class A. And prefer diesel to gas. We tow a Jeep Wrangler 4 door. Love the flexibility of having a self contained unit where the passenger can get up and use the head or make a sandwich etc. outwith having to pull over. Love the versatility the Jeep provides both off-road and on. Most important is floorplan and what suits your needs. If you keep it 40' or under you will not have an issue with length 95% of the time and can't think of a FamCamp that has restrictions. Suggest looking used as your first one will tell you more about what fits you needs. Now have a 30' class A gas, but hope to go back to a 37'- 40' diesel in another year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds