Hale Koa

More
7 years 1 month ago #15896 by jsummers
Hale Koa was created by jsummers
does anyone have any advise about staying at the Hale Koa over NY's. Its our 45th anniversary, the wife would like to go where its really warm, so we're going. But I'd like to play golf. Do you need a rent car to get to the military courses around Honolulu ? The idea of navigating thru big city isn't appealing. I wish there was some military lodging that would take reservations for retirees, that was near a military golf course . Of well, anyone have any ideas about lodging on Oahu where a guy could play military courses too ? Or maybe you stayed at a resort on Oahu and played golf at that same place . If it wasn't $300 a night, I'd sure like to hear about it. Thnx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #15901 by NASCC RVPK
Replied by NASCC RVPK on topic Hale Koa
Ok, for the car question, yes, you would need to rent a car. The Hale Koa is about 11 miles from the airport. You could take a taxi, but it would cost you around $30 if not more to get there. We are going in June and rented a car for $250 for 9 days. Also to get anywhere on the island you will need a car to get around. You can take The Bus (yes that is what it is called) but you would be waiting. Just so you know, traffic on Oahu SUCKS in the morning from 0630 to about 0830 and in the afternoon from 1500ish until about 1800. Lived there for 8 years so you just get used to it.

If you want to stay at the Hale Koa, I would make the reservation soon. Don't know about the Winter time, but in the Summer, it fills up quickly. You can make your reservation a year out. We spent a little extra this time and got and ocean view for $175 per night. The price is per your rank, so the higher in rank, the higher the price. But, you are right on Waikiki Beach and a regular hotel will cost you more $$$, so it is a decent deal.

You might look into the cottages at Bellows Beach as they are on an Air Force recreation area. You can find info here www.bellowsafs.com/lodging-rentals . Bellows is a drive from the airport/Honolulu but you have some nice golf courses (military and civilian) in the area. You also have the MCAS Kaneohe Bay near by.

You also have the Navy and Marine Corps golf course at Pearl Harbor. There is also an NGIS on Pearl so you might look into getting a room there. Don't know the price, but it is cheaper than the Hale Koa, but you get what you pay for. If you have other question, just ask.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by NASCC RVPK.

More
7 years 1 month ago #15906 by jsummers
Replied by jsummers on topic Hale Koa
Thnx so much. Appreciate all the info

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds