Warning

More
16 years 10 months ago #1350 by Chancellor
Warning was created by Chancellor
Hello all,
I have a warning that I have seen first hand. My brother has a Winnebago
View with the Mercedes turbo diesel and he has had many problems with it but this one
even got me confused! It is a 2006 with 10318 miles he's had it 4 months and his clutch
fan went bad and it has been overheating. Well that's a gimme but what he went through
and still is is unbelievable. He had it towed to his local Dodge dealer, where camping world
told him to take it, and they said that they would look at it but after July 30 2007 they {Dodge]
would no longer work on them since they are no longer part of Mercedes. Made his appointment
for the 10th of July to have it worked on. So they "Jimmied" the fan to work full time so he could
get it to Camping World to get the numreous coach problems fixed and they said it would take a couple weeks. He told them about his problem with Dodge and the time line and they said "Not our problem" So he ask well what happen when they quit working on them? They answered "Don't Know"
Well he told them it has to be there on the 10th and they said well then take it home. Now this to me seems to be a serious problem so we called Winnebago and got the same answer "Don't know" I emplore anyone that owns one or has the Mercedes Engine in a "C" or even an "A" to check this out! It could save you headachs down the road. As for him he is on the verge of getting a lawyer and contacting the NY. Attorney Generals Office.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #1352 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Warning
Would a Mercedes dealer work on this engine? Just a thought.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1353 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Warning
I'm confuse here........You stated that your thermal fan wasn't working so they "jimmied the fan to work" Don't know if you are talking about an "Electric fan or belt driven fan" You can jimmied an electric fan to work on demand providing the fan is good by activating or bypassing the relay. However you can not jimmied a belt driven fan unless you weld the shaft to the housing bolts and if you do the vibration will rattle everything in there. Both situation are very simple and fast to solve.
I own a class A but I owned a few E-300 Mercedes.

More
16 years 10 months ago #1358 by Chancellor
Replied by Chancellor on topic Re: Warning
He has an electic fan something about the sensor that controls the fan also controls what temp the themastat opens also. He said they bypassed it with a wire and it stayed on and I guess open all the way home. I understand Mercedes will honor the warrenty for him but where we live the nearest {check Frieghtliner also} is 107 mile exactly away and now you are adding a 3 member to an already disfuntional family. I could here it now thats not our problem go see them what not ours got see them and tell them we sent you and so on and so on till you get futrated like his wife is. She told him after it is fixed git rid of it. I can see her point with the lousy quailty they {MH makers} are putting out today it is cheaper, easier and less hassle to drive the car and get rooms. I think it would be a great time for one of these companies like Toyota, Honda or some other one to step in like the did to the Auto makes and make a good product and put most of them out of business. Look at what Toyota did to the big 3 when they were making junk!

More
16 years 9 months ago #1473 by bblhed
Replied by bblhed on topic Re: Warning
Will a freightliner or MB truck dealer work on it?

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds