Points of Interest

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1298 by a Guest
Points of Interest was created by a Guest
RV Surpluss - Elkhart Indiana
I stopped at RV Surpluss looking for some new night and day blinds. If anyone is just wondering around in the northern Indiana area you just might find a treasure here. They buy RV items by the truckload from various RV manufacturers in the area. They have a HUGE building and it is jam packed with just about everthing you may need. I didn't get the night n day blinds, as I wanted to replace 5 blinds and could not find 5 the same same size and color. But I did end up picking up a two step electric step for only $125.00 new and still in the box. They have black and gray tanks, chairs , sofas, ovens, cook tops, sinks, a/c units and covers, etc,etc.
It was an interesting stop. Afterward we went to Camping world a few blocks away trying to get some tire valve stem extenders mounted but they could not do it that day.
Stayed in the Elkhart campground, a nice CG but ran us $24.00 for a pull thru with 30 amp and water.
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #1308 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Points of Interest
Frank,

I've found the best place to stay in that area is down in Goshen at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair Grounds. They have it set up with RV sites, full hookups, and have many rallies there. We had our Monaco America rally there in May 2006 and will return in May 2009. It is easy to get around the area to see all the sites, including all that is available in Elkhart.

You are right about the RV Surplus place. One of my friends got a complete dashboard for his Monaco Diplomat for $50. Another place to visit is the Amish town of Shipshawanna (I think that is how it is spelled.) They have a gigantic flee market right in the middle of town. Most of the stores are operated by the Amish so their prices are beyond belief. Also try the Amish restaurants. The food is wonderful.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1354 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Points of Interest
Old Chief
Sorry I didn't know about the fairgrouds earlier. We spent the night at the Elkhard campground. It was OK, about $24.00 for a 30 Amp pull thru with water and elect only. I believe there is a thread for non military CG's that this info might be posted on.
Frank

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds