firearms and full time RV'ers

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #14028 by eagle43056
We will begin full time RV'ING within a year. I have a delima as to how to travel with my firearms. What do other full timers do as far as traveling with your weapons? I'm not about to store my weapons somewhere while I'm traveling. I have them for self defense, target shooting and hunting not to store them while I travel. Comments please.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by eagle43056.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #14029 by carrollg
Mort of the bases I've visited RECENTLY ask if we have any WEAPONS or contraband during our 100% ID check. I suppose when you declare your weapons, they will probably send you to the armory to check them in.

More
8 years 6 months ago #14031 by monkey44
Nearly every state has different firearm rules ... it would do you well to check the laws in each state where you plan to travel. Most are similar, but some states are extremely strict about carry-laws and storage laws while traveling.

As mentioned below, most bases will ask if you're carrying firearms, and explain its individual rules. Good idea to ask at the gate if they don't ask you.

IT's getting tougher and tougher to express our constitutional right to bear arms and protect ourselves and our families.

More
8 years 6 months ago #14033 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic firearms and full time RV'ers
You ABSOLUTELY need to buy this book: Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States . Rifles and shotguns will be allowed on most military bases if you store them in the armory while camped there. Ask before you enter. Handguns are NOT allowed on any military bases under any circumstances that I'm aware of unless you are an active duty law enforcement officer there on official business.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds