MAKE YOUR OWN CORNHOLE BOARD FOR CAMPING

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #13681 by JCSme2008
On our second RV camping trip, we rented a cornhole set from outdoor recreation on base for approximately $8.00 for the weekend. We knew nothing about the cornhole game and googled how to score, etc. etc. The game rapidly became a hit, with some mild trash talking. My wife turned to me and said "we need to buy one for the house and take it with us when we are camping."

That week I start searching the internet and local stores for this game. Here is what I found, although I am no professional cornhole guy; 1) the ones in the stores were not regulation size 24" x 48", they were much smaller, 2) the ones online revealed the size delivered was not the size advertised (based on reviews), and 3) the prices seemed high to me for a hollow box with hole and bags. So I thought, "I am handy, why not build my own ?"

I found this site www.cornholehowto.com/ , steps were precise and easy to follow, and viola I built my cornhole game. I used 1/2" birch wood for the top. The picture is my cornhole board unpainted. I am still brainstorming on color and decals.

2005 FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY 38U
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by JCSme2008.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #13682 by Hank85713
Seems to be like the bean bag toss that the cub scouts use as well as some church type activity fairs! Those plans are pretty easy to fulfill also and seem to have the same intent, but really no scoring involved, but the rules could probably be applied if wanted. Make it like the old shuffle board games of yore!

Seems that one would have to be traveling with a lot of folks to be utilized a lot? What about a rubber horse shoe set, as this indicates that that is what it is to replace more or less?

More
9 years 1 week ago #13683 by LamSan
This is a very popular game at Good Sam Chapter campouts and at Good Sam State Samborees. It is a competition between four people and partners at opposing ends. There is a scoring system to determine the winners and different states use different rules but overall you need to get the bag in the hole or keep it on the board to get points and if you both get a bag in the hole it cancels each other out. As for the decoration of the board the sky is the limit. Have fun and if you have not gone to a Good Sam State Samboree you should try it as they are so much fun and you meet such great people. We find many military retirees are attending them and starting to join Good Sam Chapters. Our chapters top charity is Operation Helping Hands of Tampa Bay and we donate money to them we make at the Samborees with raffles and flea markets and items we make at our campouts we donate to them to use at their monthly meetings for their raffles.

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds