Yellowstone NP

More
10 years 3 months ago #12542 by Buster
Yellowstone NP was created by Buster
I will be traveling the Country finally this year and stopping at Yellowstone. I will be coming out of northern Idaho over through Montana and then south to Yellowstone, is there a place that anyone would recommend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12543 by greyhound73772
Replied by greyhound73772 on topic Yellowstone NP
I've been to Yellowstone twice and both times stayed at a KOA. The one at West Yellowstone, MT is close to the west entrance, but their spaces are very close together and tight for "big rigs". The KOA at Red Lodge, MT is quite and more spacious. The drive into Yellowstone is longer, but a very scenic trip.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12544 by Bogeysix
Replied by Bogeysix on topic Yellowstone NP
As a full-timer who does a LOT of traveling, I tend to be frugal where I setup camp for a while. That being said, Baker Hole Campground on 191, 3 miles North of West Yellowstone was perfect. Nice quiet roomy sites, and easy in and out. With Access Pass it was $8 for a site with electric. If you are going to be roaming around in your toad, why pay the big bucks for a parking spot, but if you don't mind paying $30-$60 there are a few nice ones around town. Here's my thought--stay a night at Baker's Hole unhook the toad and see what you like. Oh, in your travels, make sure to drive south of Yellowstone and stop in Teton National Park. Beautiful area, a very large Buffalo herd, the Elk preserve, and Jackson Hole is a real neat town. Happy Trails.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12551 by Hodge
Replied by Hodge on topic Yellowstone NP
Kind of depends on the length of your stay and what your activities will be. If it's your first time to YNP, I'd recommend the campground at Fishing Bridge, the only full hookup cg inside the park. Agree with Bogeysix that you don't want to miss Grand Teton NP. Colter Bay is a very nice cg if you stay in GTNP. Have stayed at both cg's and would stay again.

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds