towing Kia or Hyundai

More
10 years 4 months ago #12447 by Hank85713
Well we are looking at one of the 2 mentioned as a tow vehicle as all are on sale. Need some input if anyone has one of these or the small Nissan Versa as a towed vehicle?

Will pull behind a Class B+/C and these all are less then 3000lbs.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #12449 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic towing Kia or Hyundai
One thing to check, make sure you can tow these '4-down' unless you have a carrier. And 4x4 or AWD needs that as well. Seems I recall there's only a couple AWD vehicles that can tow 4-down. Vue is one, and maybe the Honda, but I'd check on whatever you get just to be sure before towing it.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12536 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic towing Kia or Hyundai
We purchased a new Elantra for about the same price as a used one (09 and up). Anyhow ordered the base plate from camp world and are scheduled in on 4 Feb for install. Surprisingly for a 4 cyl with 6 speed manual it runs quite well. We took a trip up a 10000ft mountain and it pulled the hill with no issues. Seems to be averaging 30+ mpg in town and on road so should turn out to be a good get around vehicle. Next up is to order one of those clear mask bras and have it installed. Oh forgot, have to have CW install the SMI brake system, they say they never heard of it, so that is next question. Anyone ever use one of these? omments good/bad.

As to towing there are no restrictions against in the owners manual, and spoke with service manager and he said there were no issues from Hyundai on doing so.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #12547 by cdrcos
Replied by cdrcos on topic towing Kia or Hyundai
don't think either of those can be towed 4 down unless they are manual transmission.

We looked at a few and went w/05 Honda CRV (auto transmission) - great solution.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by cdrcos.

More
10 years 3 months ago #12548 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic towing Kia or Hyundai
Thanks for the reply as I noted prior to your post we got one with the 6 speed manual. I am not a honda advocate, wife has an accord and I rate it only a little higher than the dodge caravan she had prior. Its an ok vehicle not overly comfortable, she likes it I dont particularly, thus the going in another direction.

More
10 years 2 months ago #12596 by BIJ6165
Replied by BIJ6165 on topic towing Kia or Hyundai
We are towing a 2012 Kia Soul 6 speed. We confirmed with Kia to tow all 4 down. We have traveled about 8,000 miles and you can't tell we even have a tow behind our class c.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds