Home Depot Military Discount Changing

More
10 years 7 months ago #12194 by floridakamper
I was in Home Depot today and was told that effective Monday, the military discount would only be valid on purchases up to $200 (max $20 discount. The manager of my local store told me he hoped vets would accept the change as a "positive" because Home Depot supports homeless vet initiatives. I told him I do not view it as a positive change. We just got back home after our summer trip up the east coast and when we got home, a number of appliances and electronics were not working probable because of a voltage surge while we were gone. I went to HD to buy a new dish washer. They have a 10% off sale on appliances going on and when I asked for my military discount on the purchase they said no other discount other than the 10% being offered to all customers. That's when the HD employee told me about the change that's happening on Monday. He said stores in military towns like Jacksonville and Norfolk were losing big revenue because of the discount to military families. I hope this isn't nationwide but if it is, it's another reason to spend our money in Lowe's or other places that do give the discount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suzq

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds