MD, DE to Virginia Beach route

More
10 years 7 months ago #12113 by BIJ6165
On our way out of Quakertown, PA for Sea Mist in Virginia Beach. We are considering route 13. What is the bridge like from DE into VA. Anyone who has traveled this route have any feedback? Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LamSan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #12114 by LamSan
What a surprise to read Quakertown, Pa. that is where my dearly departed first husband was born and raised. I was born and raised in East Greenville, Pa. not too far from Quakertown. Where did you stay while in Quakertown? Sorry I cannot answer your questions about your travels but it brought back so many wonderful memories when I read Quakertown!

More
10 years 7 months ago #12115 by BIJ6165
We are at Quakertown campground. A nice little town. A great dinner at Bubba's and the fall decorations are nice to see. Going to see some of covered bridges and a scarecrow competition in one of the small towns. Glad my post brought back memories.

More
10 years 7 months ago #12116 by monkey44
As I recall, it's been a lot of years, but it's pretty good highway, but single lane both ways for parts of it ... Much better than coming down thru DC and all the traffic.

The Bridge has one tunnel section, and if you're towing or driving an RV, you need to stop and shut off all the gas and appliances - fridge etc. But, it's worth the trip just to drive over the bay on that bridge.

The day we did it, was storming and the waves blowing all over - very interesting drive and the 'surf' was definitely UP ... :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #12117 by BIJ6165
Thanks a bunch. We are driving a 30 ft class c with tow. Definitely will shut off the propane for the tunnel. Do you recall how long tunnel is?

More
10 years 7 months ago #12126 by monkey44
It's mostly bridge, tunnel is very short - can't tell you the distance exactly, but not much.

You can probably google it and it will tell you...

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds