I-10 Washboard and other bad roads

More
10 years 11 months ago #11671 by WroyT
I just learned that apparently there is a stretch of interstate between Lafayette LA and Houston that is really bumpy.

My question is there an alternative route...or a suggested speed to tow a 39 ft 5'ver to lessen the impact?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11675 by WroyT
For what it is worth, I see 56 reads and no replies...that is ok because we decided to take I-10 anyway and believe it or not it was not all that bad. There was a passage for a few miles that was rough...but nothing really critical. Well...I did lose a ceiling fan blade, but again for the most part it was ok. Now, disclaimer...we stopped in Orange TX...the rest we will travel in a few days.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11678 by Sarge3398
Haven't been that way in a few years Wroy....didn't want to give you bad and outdated info.

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
10 years 11 months ago #11680 by JJnLilly
I'm with Sarge, been on that highway years ago. Was looking to see if there were any improvements.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11681 by LamSan
We have not been on that road since 2010 either but your comment about a blade of the ceiling fan falling off brought back memories for me. Do not recall where or when it happened but we were heading into the sun and decided to put our power sun visors down on each side of the windshield to help with the glare. Well mine as passenger came down just fine and hubby well not so much as when his came down a screw fell out of one side and of course it dropped awkwardly and we had to pull over and fix it. This taught us a lesson that at least twice a year or more we go around and tighten screws on stuff as those roads we drive on are rough on our RV's. I recall I40 after Memphis as being the worst road we have ever driven on as it is a truck route like no other we have been on so watch out for that one if you ever take that route.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds