Pilot-Flying J Alleged Scam

More
11 years 1 week ago #11531 by Frank A.
This came from the RV News Service dated April 22, 2013. The FBI and IRS invaded Pilot-Flying J home offices in force on April 15, 2013 armed with warrants to search and seize information and computers. On April 17, 2013, law enforcement officials released a 120-page affidavit revealing that the government alleges that the fuel retailer has been bilking customers out of millions of dollars in rebates for fuel purchases over several years.

The scheme allegedly involved several company sales bosses who saw to it that some customers who were in line to receive rebates got less than agreed upon. The affidavit alleges that the company CEO was aware of the scam. The afidavit points to several diffent trucking companies who were targeted for the alleged scam. There was no mention in the affidavit to RV customers, nor ties to the Good Sam Club. They said that, however, it is yet early in the investigation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #11532 by stanbnv
The Pilot ststion in Fernley NV has only had a price for their diesel that my Good Sam discount would make cheaper than many of the other stations in the area twice in the past couple of years.

More
11 years 1 week ago #11533 by Frank A.
In the past I always used Flying J. I never liked Pilot because in my opinion they weren't RV frienly. When Flying J was taken over by or merged with Pilot I quit stopping there. This year on my way south I was getting pretty low on fuel in Knoxville and stopped at Flying J. I don't have the awards card but their diesel price was satisfactory to me and I stopped there again on my way home. At the pump after I put my credit card (Master Card)in it asked me to insert my rewards card or press enter to bypass awards. They let me pay at the pump with the posted price so I was satisfied with that. There's going to be a lot more coming out of this story down the road. And by the way, Pilot-Flying J's owner also owns the NFL Cleveland Browns.

More
11 years 1 week ago #11535 by monkey44
I bet he buys his players with a discount too. :) :)

Oppps ... Sorry to all you Browns fans.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds