Camphosting

More
11 years 1 week ago #11524 by gilnroxy
Camphosting was created by gilnroxy
My husband and I are full-time rvers in search of camp hosting position. My husband is a disabled USMC Veteran and I am a full-time college student studying to become a teacher while traveling. I have been turned down quite a bit for camp hosting because the owners or people running the campground say that I am inexperienced at camp hosting. Any suggestions as how to show I have lots of experience dealing with people through more than just a resume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #11525 by JJnLilly
Replied by JJnLilly on topic Re: Camphosting
Check out some state parks as a start. Not sure where you are but most state parks need some site hosts during their camping season. PM me if you like.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11623 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: Camphosting
We started off camp hosting several years ago, but no longer do that particular workcamper job. Too much work and not enough camp. There are so many other options available that provide a variety of different experiences. For instance, this summer the chief of staff and I are working in a church camp being jack-of-all-trades. Last year it was at a USFS attraction as visitor information hosts.

Prior military have somewhat of an edge with governmental recreational facilities. Check out volunteer.gov

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds