Mobile Hotspots

More
11 years 1 week ago #11527 by Frank A.
Replied by Frank A. on topic Re: Mobile Hotspots
Thank you John. I'm getting some good information from you folks and I'm taking it all in. I'm sure it's going to be a big help when I do decide on what I'm going to do. I had planned to go visit some stores today but lousy day put that on hold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #11529 by wb4zit
Replied by wb4zit on topic Re: Mobile Hotspots
You might want to check out www.millenicom.com . The are a reseller of Sprint and Verizon data plans. Their Hotspot plan is a Verizon MiFi on the Verizon network with 20 GB per month for $69.99....NO contract. Of course, you have to buy the MiFi up front for #99.00 and there is a #35.00 activation fee. You can cancel anytime but I don't think you can turn it on and off. I've been using them for 3 years now, Over 2 years on their old 3G Verizon plan and about 6 months now on their Hotspot 4G LTE plan and have not had any problems.

Mel Linville
US Army MSG (Ret)
2020 Ram 2500 Hemi and shopping for a cheap, used, small 5th wheel

More
11 years 1 week ago #11534 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Re: Mobile Hotspots
You've gotten some good advice here Frank, including the millenicom info. It seems to be very popular with RVer's. I've used a Sprint data card/mifi for 9 or 10 years and have been mostly happy with it. One other thing you might want to consider is to upgrade your present cell phone that you have with AT&T to a Smart Phone with a data plan. Something like the Samsung Galaxy 3. You can use the smart phone as a hot spot. If you changed from AT&T to Verizon you can adjust your data plan each month to what you think you'll need. When your traveling you'll need more and less when home. And don't forget to ask for your 15% military discount off the plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank A.

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds