Re: Auxiliary fuel tank

More
16 years 11 months ago #1119 by kkg1973
We have an auxiliary fuel tank with a tool box on our F350 Ford diesel. I checked the miliage with and without gas and it got the same on flat ground. Going into the mountains of TN and AL the miliage went down 5 MPG, but that might have happened without the tank.

We do like our tank because we do not have to stop for fuel as often. And we have been able to take advantage of the cheaper gas from state to state.

One time we were detoured from the interstate to back country with no service stations for miles. We were glad we had the extra tank of gas.

I hope this post has been some help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1122 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Auxiliary fuel tank
I travel with a TC and a cargo trailer ... my trailer has two gas cans in it, but it's a hassle and I don't always have it with me.

What I'd really like is a larger gas tank (GMC is only 26 gal.) and have looked for one and can't find any that fit my GMC Short Bed ... they have a 36 gal available for the 2500HD, but I have the 2500 which they no longer make... I think the new ones can hold the 36 gal tank, but I hate to buy a new truck just to get a bigger tank :-[

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds