Boot camp USMC style...

More
16 years 11 months ago #1116 by tomdarby
Going through an old footlocker I came across a couple of articles published in Look Magazine, and another in Life Magazine, in the early 70's regarding Marine Corps boot camp. I've published them on a blog for viewing: www.marinesusmc.blogspot.com

Semper Fi

TJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1118 by AdventPreacher
thanks for the time you took to post the story in pictures. 1969 was the year I went through boot camp, though in Great Lakes, IL. It stirred some of my old memories that I hadn't given thought for years. U.S.M.C. men and women can be justifiably proud of who they are, what they've accomplished, and how they have helped protect, preserve, and promote the respect of and for America and her citizens. I have heard someone say that we (America) did not get to where we are today by living like we do today. Our soldiers, sailors, and airmen (and women) are all too aware of that. Here is a heartfelt "Thank You!" to all you Marines who made it through boot camp!

More
16 years 11 months ago #1132 by tomdarby
thanks Levi for the feedback. The hardest thing I did as a marine was making it through Navy Dive School... tough bunch of people running that school. And a special "thanks" to all the navy corpsmen that served with the FMF. Uraahhh navy ...

More
16 years 10 months ago #1169 by oldchief46
Great pictures and info. Went through boot camp in San Diego in the summer of July 1966. Was always amazed when we'd look over the fense toward the MC Recruit Depot and see all that was going on in the open field during the times we had to relax, write home, shine shoes, etc. Made me glad I chose Navy. ;-)

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1204 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Boot camp USMC style...
Hello guys. There is a CD recorded by a Marine that is awesome you might want to check it out.
Go in this site and click on the songs .
You can also sign his site at the bottom.
<http>

More
16 years 8 months ago #1690 by 1/9 Doc
Replied by 1/9 Doc on topic Re: Boot camp USMC style...
Good afternoon gentlemen.

I unwittingly chose the best of both worlds...I joined the Navy in '64 to become a Corpsman. I had visions of a nice soft, air conditioned hospital. Of course my recruiter neglected to tell me about the FMF! My first permanent duty station in the "Navy" was Marine Corps Base, Twentynine Palms! I was actually looking forward to going to Vietnam, just to get out of Twentynine Palms. Ahh, those recruiters...they're kind of like RV salesmen aren't they..

1/9 Doc
Salado, Texas

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds