dry Camping Without A Generator

More
16 years 11 months ago #1113 by AdventPreacher
I, for one, am thankful for the website and the work that has gone into it so far. Being a newbie, I know no one, but would be happy to meet others of like mind. The greatest number of people I have met while on military cgs have been very good, kindhearted, and helpful people. If one were to buy a portable generator (4,000 watts?) can you plug your 30 amp shore power cord directly into it and expect your electrical system in your RV not to blow apart?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1123 by stnb4ever
levi,
your electrical system should operate just fine off of a portable generator. Just plug the shore power into the output plug on the generator and your set to go. A word of caution though, This type of setup is not designed for high load devices. Do not run high load devices such as your A/C or an electric heater, etc. If you wish to run these type of devices off of a portable generator I would suggest you first speak to an electrician or your local R/v dealer. They should be able to calculate the size of generator you would need to get to run these devices. If your generator is too small to run these devices and you attempt to run them anyways you may end up burning out your A/C or worse. :'( However since you are talking about winter time you should be fine with a small generator to recharge your batteries, etc. If you are at all uneasy about all of this you can always contact your local R/V dealer. I find that most of them are always willing to help you out in hopes of making a future customer out of you. Hope this helps you out. :)

More
16 years 11 months ago #1126 by AdventPreacher
thanks. It surely does.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1203 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Dry Camping Without A Generator
You can run a 13,500KW AC with a 4000 watts generator just make sure you plug in the
30 amps outlet.

Also "Hidden Valley RV Ranch" in NM. have good rates a few clicks north from Demming.
$225.00 a months FHU . <http>
The longer you stay the cheaper it gets.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds