toy Hauler vs. Travel Trailer

More
16 years 11 months ago #1092 by monkey44
How many of you guys use a toyhauler rather than a TT -- even if you don't haul toys ...

I'm thinking of changing from my Truck Camper and Cargo Trailer (which hauls gear and a motorcycle) to a toyhauler instead because there seems to be more room inside, and when I get to the site, I can just drop everything easier than I can with the TC...

But I'm also thinking I can "renovate" the inside of a TH instead of living with a compromise inside where things are where they are and there is not much room for "adding an office space" for example. But with the TH -- you can make the back pretty much whatever you want, and you still have the front for the Kitchen/Bath etc ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1094 by rabeow
I just posted some pics of my TH yesterday and have some more if you are interested. When we PCS'd here to NOLA, I unloaded the bikes, stored them under the front of the 5th wheel and use the garage for all the wife's craft gear. The queen size loft bed over the garage also makes a great stoarge room.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1096 by monkey44
Yours is much bigger than what I would get -- but I only carry one MC, and not every time. But what I do need is an "office" type area where I can "work" when I'm on the road. I get tired of setting up and breaking down every time I want to use the CPU's ... and the space inside my Angler is limited.

I'm thinking about a larger camper, but then I have the problem of a new truck to haul it, as the weight will increase dramatically if I go big enough to make an office space. But the toyhauler eliminates that issue. I've seen some at 24' that do the trick easily -- and allow for the MC and some other space to be utilized. And my GMC will haul a 24' TH like it's not even there [well, almost :D]

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds