Saving on expenses

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #1093 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Saving on expenses
I have to spots (not pads) at my home in southern VA, however we are usually only there 3-4 months a year (July to October) and half of that time not actually at our place. I put in the second spot for when friends or family stop by but it only has 30 Amps and we share a sewer. I am out in the country, but it works well for us.
Any member of this group is welcome to stop by and spend the night or few with us any time we are there. Feel free to contact me through our normal email if you will be passing by on I-95 at the VA - NC line area in July - Oct, as we are only a couple miles away.
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1095 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Saving on expenses
I make that run several times a year -- from the Cape to Florida ... so might just take you up on that and park on your "spot" for a night on the way... althought I usually make it in December and then back again for the summer here on the Cape ... I sometimes make it other times of the year too.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1098 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: Saving on expenses
now we're getting somewhere on this share a pad idea.

Larry> I'm a webmaster. Any advise on how to set up a website listing for those who would like to participate?

I'll take suggestions from anyone on this idea, but at this point mainly interested in only military associated participants.

sky

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #1101 by a Guest
monkey,
I don't have a concrete pad, I said two SPOTS. At the present this is grass behind my shop. There is plenty of room, we just have to share a sewer (I supply the connection for dumping via the "sewer solution" not a 3' sewer line. Gray water goes straigt to septic. More info about the "sewer solution" if needed. I have 100 amps comming to the shop, and I tap off for me a 30 and 20 amp service to give me 50 amps to run both a/c's, there is another 30 amp service that is shared with my elect dryer, so if we have a guest, I don't use the dryer. This is NOT a CG or RV park, just my home being made available to me to live full time in the RV, and when we are home to be able to facilitate a guest with some hospitality. You and any other active or retired military are welcome "IF WE ARE HOME" that is why I attached our email address. We are usually home between July and October, if we are not in the Hampton / Norfolk area staying with the kids. I am going to post a couple of pictures, nothing great, just to give you all a peek.
Hope to see ya around.
Frank

More
16 years 11 months ago #1102 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Saving on expenses
QUOTE: "This is NOT a CG or RV park, just my home being made available to me to live full time in the RV..."

Yeah -- that's what I thought when you said it ... your home with connections to accomodate a guest ...

Careful where you put those directions Frank -- might get a "full-time homesteader" while you're away ... >:(

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #1105 by a Guest
Got a homesteader, my renter, takes real good care of the place. Will provide directions when needed, when we are home. Looking forward to seeing any military visitors.
Frank
Why the frown??

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds