public hot springs

More
11 years 7 months ago #10583 by Hank85713
public hot springs was created by Hank85713
we are starting to plan our vacation for next year, another couple may want to meet up with us (we are in AZ, they in Tenn). Anyhow the wife like hot springs, we have been to thermopolis wy, ouray co, pagosa springs co, but may want to go someplace else. Not looking for spas or motels with springs but general public ones that can be used by anyone.

So if you have any insight on some decent places to visit please let me know. DO not need to be by any mil facility to be of interest.

Thanks Hank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10587 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: public hot springs
Lava Hot Springs in ID was nice. There is an rv park, hotels if you need those, even an olympic swimming pool. The hot springs are pay as you go. We also rented inner tubes and tubed down the Pont Neuf River which runs through town. We went a number of years ago and stayed in a hotel. There was a grocery store that cooked fried chicken to order and was it good. I am a vegan now, but I still dream of it.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10588 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic Re: public hot springs
thank you, also got a note on Challis hot springs about 150 miles NW of idaho falls.

need to try and find some further east to work our way up there :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #10592 by pricejh
Replied by pricejh on topic Re: public hot springs
We visited the Fairmont Hot Springs at Baniff several years ago. Beautiful country.

More
11 years 6 months ago #10593 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: public hot springs
Banff...one day..I sure would love to go there! Would enjoy hearing more about your trip!

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds