eligibility

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #1052 by a Guest
eligibility was created by a Guest
Hi to all,
Is there anyone who can tell me if i can stay at a a military campground? I am a retired Canadian military "new" RV'r and i am not sure if they are available to me. Please let me know if you are sure. Thanks Greg [email protected]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1053 by cdrcos
Replied by cdrcos on topic Re: eligibility
I saw this question asked on another forum recently and the answer was:

Some will allow you and some do not - you need to call the specific military campground you are interested in. ???

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
16 years 11 months ago #1061 by fiatspider79
Replied by fiatspider79 on topic Re: eligibility
By law, active duty, extended active duty, National Guard on active duty and retired military are eligible to use MWR or Services facilities.

Foreign military access to those facilities would be defined in the Status of Forces Agreement.

For economic and motivational reasons, commanders at all levels have the authority to open any or all of those facilities to other categories of individuals. For instance it is almost universally accepted that DOD civilian employees are allowed use of most facilities. Retired DOD civilian employees, guests of other authorized users and others may also be allowed to access facilities at the authority of the local commander.

Best advice is as above--call ahead.

Glenn

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #1064 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: eligibility
Thanks to those who answered my ? on eligibility. Now if there is a "master list" of all campgrounds by state that is available I would really be grateful. Thanks again Greg

[email protected]

More
16 years 11 months ago #1065 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: eligibility
Campground link on the main task bar lists all CG's by state ...

More
16 years 11 months ago #1073 by fiatspider79
Replied by fiatspider79 on topic Re: eligibility
And you can get that to go by purchasing the software which is identical to what is on line and is updated monthly. That way you can have the info with you when you travel, even if you don't have an Internet connection and the minimal cost helps to pay for the expenses that Larry (the owner, creator, moderator, janitor) incurs in order for us to have this very valuable resource.

I encourage everyone to buy the software, even if you think you don't need it. It is a small price to pay for this resource.

My wife has the software on her machine and I use the on-line version. That way we ALWAYS have the information we want right at hand.

Glenn

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds