Beginners... Route Advice

More
11 years 8 months ago #10412 by rvdreamers
We're going on our first trip to North Georgia in October. I knew you guys would be able to advise us, which route is better from Florida? One route option is mostly I75 & one route is mostly I95. Any thoughts??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10414 by monkey44
I-75 is way less busy and way more scenic ...

Try some of the state highways too, in your travels. Lots of the back roads are fine for RVs if you stay away from the larger towns and citys, and you see something besides interstate, and interstate, and more interstate

More
11 years 8 months ago #10417 by Sarge3398
Agree with Monkey...I-75 is a better road. Not too sure about the scenic part though, and you do have to go through Macon and Atlanta that way. :sick:

Another option if you're not in a big hurry is taking I-95 to I-295, then picking up US 1/23 north. Follow that to US 441 north through central Georgia straight up into the mountains. Bunch of quaint little towns, roads are good, and traffic is non-existent (unless you get behind some farm equipment in south Georgia. :laugh: )

Have a great trip!

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #10418 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Beginners... Route Advice
We have travelled both of them more times than I can count since our home is in Central Florida and it depends where we are when we start. Either one is used heavily by tractor trailers so you can count on them to keep you informed by CB of impending accidents, roadwork and alternate routes to get around the problem. If you are Good Sam members the trip routing feature in their website is great. It allows you to make many choices to plan the route as well as distances and times between major cities etc. If you are anywhere near Helen, Ga. a trip would be worth it and if memory serves Oktoberfest is usually sometime in Sept. to part of Oct. The town of Helen has a super website so try it out. One other place to visit depending on the route you take is Stone Mountain, it is close to Atlanta on the east side and campgrounds are great. Good luck and have fun.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10421 by rvdreamers
Thanks you guys! We'll be taking I95 to Jax & then head over to I75. We are going to Helen, so unless we want to take a lot of small country roads (which we don't have time for as we are still working & on vacation time), that seems to be the way to go. THANK YOU for your thoughts!

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds