A Dump!

More
15 years 9 months ago #3916 by Chancellor
A Dump! was created by Chancellor
Hello all,
I stay at Rose Point Park campground near Butler, Pa. on old Rt 422 for my daughter's
wedding. In a word "JUNK" No 50 amp service, the cable TV on the website is only if you
are in the cabins not RV sites, Internet works only in or near cabins not near RV parking, Lots are small and grass and rock not very level. Very narrow and windy road to get to park. It was clean with mostly perminet TT's or park models only 15 pull through sites for visitors. I tended to scare the heck out of them when I pulled up with a 40' Safari pulling a pick/up on a dolly. They also charge 3 dollars for visitors that are staying for more than a half hour. Really messed me up being father of the bride and it is not mentioned on they're site or I would have gone somewhere else.
Thanks all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3926 by purplerose4pj
Replied by purplerose4pj on topic Re: A Dump!
CON GRATS on being father of the bride sorry your campgound was the pits...Im currently in Pittsburgh...Yes i drove my 33 ft MH on city roads YIKES...tight fit and white knuckles...We stayed at the MAdison Koa a few weeks ago and it was a very nice place I know they gave me an Active duty discount not sure on retired...And we just got back today from Slippery Rock 2day..

More
15 years 9 months ago #3936 by Chancellor
Replied by Chancellor on topic Re: A Dump!
Thanks DOWNTOWN!!! :o Wow I am impressed I grew up near Pittsburgh and know how tight it is.
Wish I would have known but it didn't affect my good time just learned to check sites out better next time.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4121 by DutchStar38
Replied by DutchStar38 on topic Re: A Dump!
We stayed at a place just above Miami, FL and let me tell you, what a sh** hole. We were tired and no other place near by. Felt like we had to sleep with a gun in hand and one eye open. The next day we called another place and they said we could go there but we would have to park our trailer on the public street. You bet. We're haulin 3 harleys and I'm going to park the trailer on a public street near miami,FL. Not even if I was drunk. We gave up our intent to visit the area and proceeded to KeyWest at full speed.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4126 by MotorSarge
Replied by MotorSarge on topic Re: A Dump!
Small world!!
I was born & raised in the Burgh 21 years.

"MotorSarge"

More
15 years 8 months ago #4127 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: A Dump!
Just a comment about Miami --when I'm in that area, there's a couple NPCG on Hwy 41 -- also, Everglades ... no HU, of course, but great places for short-term or overnight.

Also, have stayed a few times at he Homestead AB ... no MCG there -- but Security lets you park in the gym parking lot. Only thinking about overnights, of course, in a travel pinch... and they have showers in the gym, etc. Small BX syle commissary.

At one time, Homestead has MCG plans in the works, but then something held them up -- don't know the MCG status at this time ...

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds