obama health care

More
14 years 1 month ago #7294 by belgique
Replied by belgique on topic Re:obama health care
Waste of time to ask your congress critter what it says because they haven't read it. Plus they don't care because they exempted themselves from it (if it's such a great thing, you know a politician would be first in line at the trough).

As already said, the impact will be Docs that won't take Tri-Care because of the low reimbursement rates and hassle factor of dealing with a bureaucrat. DW is still on Prime and we sometimes have to see a Doc out of our region...they usually give us a discount because of cash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #7295 by cdrcos
Replied by cdrcos on topic Re:obama health care

...as already said, the impact will be Docs that won't take Tri-Care because of the low reimbursement rates and hassle factor of dealing with a bureaucrat...

I don't think we need to worry about very many doctors and clinics refusing the 55 million Medicare and Tricare beneficiaries as patients.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
14 years 1 month ago #7296 by belgique
Replied by belgique on topic Re:obama health care
My sample size is small but 2 of the 3 I recently contacted would not accept it. And that was BEFORE Obama care. That said, I hope you're right but doubt it.

More
14 years 1 month ago #7297 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re:obama health care
I already have problems finding doctor's who will take Tri-Care in the Oklahoma City area, well before Obamacare was ever thought of. There are doctors way out on the east side of town, near the AF base, that deal with the military. On the far west side of town, where our house is, it's a different story. I am on Tri-Care Standard and DW is on Tri-Care for Life. With Medicare as primary she does not have the same problem I do.

Our family doctor takes our Tri-Care but only because he forced the clinic's admin office to do so. We were his patients before he moved into the joint clinic he now practices. Normally this clinic does not take Tri-Care only. My wife has one test each year that cost $800.00. Before she went on Medicare last year she had to pay it herself and then file the Tri-Care herself. Tri-Care did not do any reimbursement on this for the two years before she was Medicare eligibile due to not being able to get the necessary info from the doctor.

I've talked to a few doctors that had indicated they would go ahead and take early retirement if Obamacare came to pass. Now we'll see if they were serious. (Our main doctor, who is about my age, keeps asking us questions about the RV lifestyle everytime we go to see him. :( )

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds