Tricare question.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6876 by bill6750
Replied by bill6750 on topic Re:Tricare question.
edandwinnie wrote:

We're in Coffeyville, KS (out of Tricare Prime area). We tried to get a referral from our PCM who wouldn't refer us unless we first returned to Utah for a visit!! We were given the opportunity to disenroll and just use Tricare Standard. We also have had the opportunity to enroll and disenroll at will (or at least that's what we understood). If dropped due to nonpayment, you do need to wait a year.

I put the tricare web site portal on the bottom of my post. You could go to this portal and either call them or e-mail them and find the answer to your question. I doubt that anyone here can give a definative answer to your particular question as it isn't the same with everyone.
Bill O.

www.tricare.mil/

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #6884 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Tricare question.
For EdandWinnie, this same situation happened to us and we called TriCare first to explain we needed to see an MD as we both had URI symptoms. They asked us where we were and told us who was authorized to see us in the area we were in and told us to call our PCM to call TriCare with the referral. After we explained our symptoms to our PCM she called in the referral TriCare was waiting for and we made the appointment and my wife paid the co-pay per TriCare Prime and I am 100% DAV so all paid for me between MediCare and TriCare for Life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds