MyHealtheVet - VA does something right

More
17 years 2 months ago #345 by fiatspider79
If you have not taken advantage of the MyHealth eVet (eVet) website operated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) take a look at www.myhealth.va.gov .

The site has a lot of good info on VA programs, medical facility locations, health advice and ON-LINE PRESCRIPTION ORDERING. As an Fulltimer, this is a Godsend. I go to eVet, click on my drugs and they are sent to my mailing address so that the next box I get from them has my drugs in it. No more searching for a local VA pharmacy and then trying to get them to give me meds prescribed by a doctor at another VA facility.

If you will make one stop at a VA Medical Center and visit the Release of Information people you will be asked to watch a videotape, sign a permission slip and show some ID. After that your eVet drug list will have the name of the drug and not just the re-order number. Later this year the list of services will expand to lab reports and eventually you will have on-line access to your VA medical records. But you must do the in-person verification ONCE before these expanded services are available to you.

Perhaps when this program is up and fully functional some of the people who put it together can be sent over to the disability verification and facilities management sides and make those non-functional areas of the VA work too.

eVet is great. If you are a registered VA patient there is no reason not to take advantage of this.

Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds