VA medication refill/replacement while on the road

More
6 years 3 months ago #16481 by Garmp
Not sure where to put this, so here goes.
Any veterans get their medications through the VA refilled while on the road?
Beginning to travel more and have an extensive regimen of medication. My fear is that if we're on the road and for some reason or another I run out of a certain medication or another. Can I go to what ever VA facility, with the proper facilities, is in the area and get a refill or flash supply to tide me over? Or is this too much to hope for?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16491 by monkey44
Some VA clinics will refill ... some will not. We have a mail forwarding service. All our VA meds are sent there from our VA clinic. We call the mail service, and it will send any meds or mail to us - USPS, FedEx, UPS - we pay for the postage. Works very well because many of the MCG's will accept mail for campers. If not, you can have mail picked up at the UPS store in town where you happen to be camped or headed if you know in advance. Been doing it this way for years as Full-timer.

We now own a home in Florida, but still travel about half the year, and still maintain the mail service for when we travel ... Cost is $12 a month, plus whatever postage fees occur when it sends our mail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds