TRICARE

More
9 years 1 month ago #13591 by majfrizz
TRICARE was created by majfrizz
We will be hitting the road FT in about 30 days. Being Tricare is my seconday, I have Federal Employees as my primary provider been trying to get use to working the two system. One of the negatives I have found, I cannot use mail order, that messed up my plans.I plan on using Walmart for my RX dispenser. Anyway, when we change our domicile from OH to FL do we have to also change Tricare regions where we are under. We use Tricare standard. Is that how they determine which region FTs fall under?

Bob
32 days and counting..........

US Army Retired (33 years) Active & Reserve
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45OPP
2018 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab SLT 4WD Long Bed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #13593 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic TRICARE
When you change your domicile you'll have to notify DEERS of your new address. That should automatically change which contractor (TRICARE REGION) processes your claims. Google "change of address and TRICARE" and you should see the info you need. Before I went on MEDICARE and had Mail Handlers as primary and TRICARE as secondary, getting our meds at retail pharmacies was easier and cheaper than using the TRICARE mail order. I'm glad to have the mail order now but I think your in a good place now with FEHP and TRICARE.

More
9 years 1 month ago #13594 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic TRICARE
Be careful, they just changed the ability to purchase off the open market. Got a nasty gram from tricare about using wally world Rx's. Said they would not pay and that I would have to pay and beg for reimbursement! So before going to any outside provider of meds with tricare make sure you understand the issues involved. Does the other insurer cover meds? If so then you will need to check with them on using non-mail order Rx's. I was told that standard is actually the best way to go if you travel a lot, but since we have both gone on mediscare we use the base pharmacy for some some I have to use express scripts as the pharmacy does not carry what I need.

More
9 years 1 month ago #13595 by majfrizz
Replied by majfrizz on topic TRICARE
Since having both I have had little if any co pays at all between the two plans. My primary is Federal employees Blue Cross and have Tricare Standard. In fact some of my name brand high price drugs have cost zero with both plans. The only issue i see is doing them one month at a time vs mail order could be 90 days.

US Army Retired (33 years) Active & Reserve
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45OPP
2018 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab SLT 4WD Long Bed

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #13631 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic TRICARE
We have Medicare and Tricare for Life. We are in the Express Scripts pilot program. We like it but if you travel a lot I guess you have to keep calling them to update your mailing address. Anyone else doing this? Otherwise, it works really well.
Just remember..on narcotic drugs or one time need right now things, which you can get at whichever pharmacy you have nearby..it works well and..is inexpensive most if the time.

More
7 years 2 months ago #15814 by DutchStar38
Replied by DutchStar38 on topic TRICARE
You can go on-line to express-scripts and update your "temporary" mailing address whenever you want.

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds