Delta Dental plan

More
9 years 6 months ago #13241 by monkey44
Delta Dental plan was created by monkey44
I've been looking at Delta Dental -- it appears like the lowest premium costs $149 per year. And that covers all cleanings and x-rays for a year - with a small co-pay ($5 per visit, and $20 per cleaning and x-rays) IT counts two per year - one every six months.

That sound pretty cheap to me - as usually x-rays and one cleaning are at least that cost.

What am I missing here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #13242 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Delta Dental plan
Mr. Monkey, like they say, the "Devil's in the details." Delta has more versions of their dental plans than Baskin Robbins has ice cream flavors. For instance, our TRICARE Retiree Dental Plan is a Delta plan. Cleanings and preventative care is only one thing to look at, the other is the network of dentists that you can use (some times you get your best prices from a small group but can go outside that network at a higher cost). Each plan usually has a list of dental procedures with a different copay or cost sharing percentage for each one of them. There is generally an annual maximum the plan will pay. I think our retiree plan is something like $1500 per person covered. Your dentist might advise that you need an implant. Your insurance might say a removeable bridge is the only thing they'll cover. Generally, you get what you pay for. The other consideration is what is your dental health. If all you generally need is cleanings, the plan you describe might be the best plan for you. Any time you want a 5000 word answer to something please ask me. I've got more XXXX than the proverbial Thanksgiving Turkey.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by floridakamper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772

More
9 years 5 months ago #13244 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic Delta Dental plan
I dont have a dental plan, my last dentist advised paying for one! Anyhow the last time I went the xrays were not that expensive and they have been advertising locally free xray and $20 for cleaning to get ya into a dentists office. There are several of these going on. I would recommend you just look around and see what is available unless you just want to have a dental plan.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds