Delta Dental

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #12989 by belgique
Delta Dental was created by belgique
Can't find a human at Delta Dental and they haven't answered a simple "contact us" email that I sent 12 days ago.

Question is do I, the "sponsor", have to enroll for my spouse to get coverage? I am Army Ret on Tri-Care for Life and Spouse is Tri-Care Standard. On-line enrollment seems to indicate I do but maybe there is another way? It is not worth it to us if I have to enroll. Thanks!
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by belgique.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #13001 by belgique
Replied by belgique on topic Delta Dental
Shameless bump. Delta hasn't answered 2 week old email and no humans work their I guess

More
9 years 9 months ago #13003 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Delta Dental
I belong to Delta Dental as the spouse of the military retiree who is 100% DAV. Directly from the program guide it states under most circumstances the retiree must enroll for a spouse or other family member to enroll. In 2000 rules were implemented that allow a spouse or family member to enroll when the retiree does not enroll and they are as follows: 1. you are elgible to go to the VA 2. you have another dental plan from employment other than Uniformed Services and it is not available to your spouse or family members 3. you have a medical or dental condition that prevents you from obtaining benefits thru Deltal Dental.

More
9 years 9 months ago #13004 by belgique
Thanks LamSan! Dang if I can find what you posted so appreciate it. #3 might be the out but not sure what they mean by that. If I could get a human on the phone or they answer an email, it would be nice. Again, thanks.

More
9 years 9 months ago #13010 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Delta Dental
Are you calling 888-838-8737? I'm already enrolled and when I call that number and follow the prompts for "already enrolled" I always get a human. All the best Bob

More
9 years 9 months ago #13011 by belgique
Thanks Florida! You inspired me but it didn't work...BUT...I got sneaky and said I was a dental office and, shazam, I got Doris and she was very helpful. The answer is I have to join too except for the points made by LamSam.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds