Piliaau Army Recreation Center, Oahu, HI

More
12 years 4 months ago #9201 by klbrooks
We are advid RVers but are planning a trip to Hawaii, May 2012. I have just found the West and Southwest category on this forum so will repost here in addition to the post in general discussion. I am trying to get info from someone who has stayed at Piliaau Army Recreation Center cabin on Ft Shafner, Ohau in the last year or so. Understand it is about 30 miles west of Honolulu and about 18 miles from Schofield Barracks. This is our first time to Hawaii. Have read all reviews I can find on PARC but not many posted in the last year. So sure would appreciate a note from anyone who has been to Piliaau or has info about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9291 by jsummers
Happy NY's from snowy Alaska. Never got any good inside info on military spots in Hawaii so we're going commercial. Bellows was booked up over a year in advance too. I rented the lower floor of a schoolteacher's house on website "VRO". It's on the island of Hawaii too. There's a military rec site up on the Kilauea volcano, which I'll report on when we get back. Cabins but no camping advertised.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds