Phoenix, AZ

More
12 years 6 months ago #8978 by Alyngar
Phoenix, AZ was created by Alyngar
Will be in Phoenix in July ( I Know it is hot) on business. Where is there a good CG with full hook up? will be conducting business at Biltmore Hotel. Will appreciate any info be it good or bad.

Masterguns

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #9034 by dchaz
Replied by dchaz on topic Re: Phoenix, AZ
We are heading out there in March for a Spring Break are are going to be staying at one of Maricopa County regional parks. Worth a look. Campsites with at least water/electric priced around $25 per day.

Dave
ITC/USNR/Ret Maricopa County Parks

More
12 years 5 months ago #9045 by Sarge3398
Replied by Sarge3398 on topic Re: Phoenix, AZ
When my son was stationed at Luke AFB, I would stay at Donorma RV Park in Surprise. It's an older CG, but pretty well maintained. Mix of transient and long term campers but not ratty. It's close to an active railroad line, but seemed to be pretty quiet at night. Full hookup sites, $190 a week (pretty reasonable for the Phoenix area.) Close to major shopping areas, restaurants, and Luke AFB. Do a Google search on it and see what you think.

Whatever you decide, have a safe trip!

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #9046 by djenson
Replied by djenson on topic Re: Phoenix, AZ
We winter at Buckeye, AZ. It is off I-10 and a straight shot to downtown Phoenix; you can get there is about 20 minutes, and about the same to Luke. The park is called Leaf Verde. I will try the link thing here: Leaf Verde

If the link thing doesn't work do a google search for Leaf Verde RV Resort in Buckeye, AZ. The rates currently at $150 for week or $350 for month plus your electricity - each site has a meter. There is pool and mail service there. Also has a laundry. Plenty of shopping facilities within a mile i.e. Walmart, Frys grocery and several eating places.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by djenson.

More
12 years 1 month ago #9720 by dchaz
Replied by dchaz on topic Re: Phoenix, AZ
Just wanted to follow up after our trip. The lake was beautiful and the campground extremely clean, quiet and remote. Bathrooms/Showers could have used a bit of updating, but were acceptable.

Only problem we had in our a 3 nights there was a skunk that got spooked and sprayed VERY near our site. LOL

Dave

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds