Bellows

More
13 years 3 days ago #8464 by jsummers
Bellows was created by jsummers
I know it's not RV'ing. But I'd rather ask here & get info from my RV'ing friends on this website. It's still the best one I've found w/ the most knowledgable folks.
Question-has anyone been to Bellows AFS recently ? (last 6 months) My wife and I love our TT but she'd like to return to Hawaii for a short visit. And I can't blame her. Are the cabins at Bellows really worth $85 per nite? They (some) have been renovated and I just wonder. Hale Koa is fancier for sure but Waikiki beach is not for us. Ideas anyone, on a romantic spot in Hawaii for two 60 Yr old RV'ers ?
Thnx. Happy camping. We're back in AK now for the summer(s). Can't beat `em.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8534 by dddlin
Replied by dddlin on topic Re: Bellows
Haven't been to Bellows in 30 years. Have you been to KMC (Kilauea Military Camp) on the Big Island? We have been four times, last time four years ago. Great location right in Volcano's National Park. You have a small individual cabin with bedroom and living room with a working fire place. Lots to do and see on the big island. We always rent a car but KMC does offer tours. try this link www.kmc-volcano.com/default.asp Wish we were going too.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8537 by stanbnv
Replied by stanbnv on topic Re: Bellows
We spent four days at Bellows in 1994. I was pleasently suprised when we checked in by, "Gee Mr Binns, we will have to put you in one of the VIP quarters, is that OK?" Welll, I guess so, I replied reluctantly. We were in one of the Cabins that was about 20 feet from the ocean. Nice beach with little surf, great for wadeing. I see on their web site that many of the cabins have been rehabed. I think it would be worth it, but we would rather spend 4 - 5 months in La Penita Mexico in our RV than a week in Hawaii. :)

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds