Lackland

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #8392 by vmarr
Lackland was created by vmarr
We're at the famcamp right now. I was here 46 years ago, in July, and dont remember it being this hot. Nice place, no camp host though. We got here on Sun. and no one was around, I ask a coupla guys what you did, and they said find a place, and set up and see the guy in the morning. Sign said the place opened at 0730, he never got their until after 0800, sign said be their before 0800 to register, guess the guy never read that. He wasnt overly helpful. The roads here on base are bad. The instructions say to turn right on Luke as your final turn to get here, its real ruff. You'd be better off to go to the next stop sign and turn right on I think its Ladd street, its a little better, and a straight shot to the famcamp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #8397 by dchaz
Replied by dchaz on topic Re: Lackland
At least you got a spot. Wanted to stay there last spring and spent most of the day Friday on the road trying to call and see if they had any spaces but no one ever answered the phone. Got there about 1600 and other than 2 no hookup spaces, the place was full up and there appeared to be a lot of homesteaders.

It is a nice place, but I don't think I will bother trying to go there again.

Dave

More
13 years 5 days ago #8459 by RalphOscarElvis
Replied by RalphOscarElvis on topic Re: Lackland
Have stayed there many times, Greg (the manager)is not helpful at all. I did hear that the Lackland & Ft Sam Famcamps were combining under one management sometime this year. Ft Sam was/is a lot more strict but fair. My best advice for Lackland is to arrive Sun night thru Tuesday. All but 4 times a year, Fridays are BMT graduation and can drive the occupancy rate up starting mid week. If all else fails, Blazing Star on Loop 1604 is your best bet. 20 min drive from Lackland.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds