RV Pendelton price increase update

More
13 years 2 months ago #8224 by NAVYBLUE
Please refer to my previous post in this section about the (3) MCB Pendelton RV parks. Basically the base's Chief of Staff(Col Osamna) and I have had an ongoing email conversation about the (2) sea side RV parks. My proposal/suggestion to him was that the MWR committee should consider a monthly fee of $700/month for FHU sites for the months of Oct-Mar to attract snowbirds and increase his occupancy rate from 1/2 during those months to maybe 3/4-Full.
Would I have preferred $500/month for these preferred sites. Yeah, sure. But I met them in the middle with $700, midway between what I would like and what they are charging monthly.
He remarked that he thought the monthly rate was a good idea and they hadn't thought about it and he was going to bring it up at the Commanders meeting.. Now you know what we are dealing with. The non-users(MWR/Base staff) don't understand the RV community and need help(suggestions/comments). So I encourage EVERYONE to use ICE and voice your concerns. If enough voice their concerns, things may change.

NAVYBLUE
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf, cathelyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8242 by Martin64
I would prefer it based on rank and not just being retired. As a retired E-6, there's no way in hades I'm paying $700.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #8511 by subwayaz
I would agree with Martin64, that it should be based upon rank as with most other MWR hotels motels type thing. $700/mo is slightly high I feel also
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by subwayaz.

More
12 years 1 month ago #9698 by coloradogirl
:( I think that $700 is waaaaayyyyy too high... My husband is 100% disabled & we are also full time RVers. Granted, we have a pretty good income, but we still couldn't afford $700 a month. The Fam Camp that we winter in is only $300 a month for full hookups & they are ALWAYS full. We would love to go back to So.Cal, but at those rates we won't be able too..

More
12 years 1 month ago #9702 by johnandmari
Let me begin by stating up front, I agree with you about the $700/month rate you all would like/not like to see implemented. However, talking/grousing about it on this forum will do you no good. The OP - NavyBlue was in discussion directly with the ‘powers that be’ at Pendleton, how many of you have likewise been in contact with the base, either through correspondence or via the ICE system? Both Del Mar and San Onofre are way over priced, and I’ll not return there, period. Along with Admiral Baker, the San Diego-based Navy MWR folks have obviously found a cash cow with their campgrounds. No surprise, as the Navy Lodges are likewise priced through the roof – much higher than the AF/Army Inns/Lodges. Too bad, because I am from the San Diego area, and visit family there quite often. I long ago located several CGs that are priced similarly, and offer much more in terms of amenities. So sad!
JMHO - John

More
11 years 7 months ago #10481 by JD
The last time I stayed at "Del Mar RV Resort" we paid $40/nite w/shabby hookup and that was overpriced. The help was rude, the bathrooms were not cleaned and the dumpsters were overflowing with trash littered on the ground. I sent a complaint to the RV Park and would not stay there again. I have not found any military RV park worth $50 or $40 a night. If you want a rate by rank why not a rate by type of RV; tent, pop-up, trailer, MH or by size.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds