Pendleton RV price increase MWR response letters

More
13 years 2 months ago #8219 by NAVYBLUE
Sent a letter to MCB Pendleton MWR about their price increases at their RV parks and my future non participation in their parks and these are the responses I received. I responded to the Colonel that a $700 monthly rate form Oct-Mar my draw more snowbirds in.

I have asked MCCS to review prices and compare to outside. To keep rates at past levels would mean supplemental funding has to be used to compensate for the difference between operational cost and earnings. As you may already be aware of, certain MWR programs in DOD are mandated by law to generate enough profit to cover the cost of operation, maintenance, and capital improvements; RV Campground is one of these programs. While we hate to lose your business, our rates must be set to ensure programs like the RV grounds are self sufficient and available. If we cannot achieve this balance, the programs will be cut.

R/S,
O. A. Jammal
Col, USMC
Chief of Staff
MCB Camp Pendleton
Office: (760) 725-1779
BB: (760) 212-9002

Sir,

Thank you for your comments concerning prices charged at our camp grounds. We are currently conducting a review of our pricing structures for all three camp grounds aboard MCBCP to insure our pricing structure area appropriate.

Sir,

Thank you for your comments concerning prices charged at our camp grounds. We are currently conducting a review of our pricing structures for all three camp grounds aboard MCBCP to insure our pricing structure area appropriate.

Thank you for the recent ICE comment you submitted regarding the Del Mar Beach facility. The goal of MCCS is to offer state of the art recreational facilities with the most up to date amenities for the leisure of Military Service Members and their Families. Del Mar Beach was in serious need of an upgrade regardless of available MWR funding. The Beach is currently undergoing a massive renovation project that will bring this facility up to a standard of excellence that our target population deserves. There is a cost associated with this and one that we feel our customers will be pleased to pay once they experience the Del Mar Beach Resort. We look forward to your return to our facility. As an established guest you too deserve the best we can offer and that has more to do with serving those that served our country and less about making up for MWR shortcomings.

Respectfully,

Corrina Brennan
Business Manager
Commercial Recreation
MCCS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds