Grand Canyon

More
13 years 4 months ago #8025 by fredstump
Grand Canyon was created by fredstump
We are in the early stages of planning our annual motorcycle trip and The Grand Canyon is our choice. We camp everywhere we go with a small camper we tow with our trike.
What are the best times to visit the canyon as far as the weather is concerned?

Thanks for any advice.

Fred
USN AMSC RET)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8026 by gesuhan
Replied by gesuhan on topic Re: Grand Canyon
not Dec 23rd. I made that mistake......

d.bentley

More
13 years 4 months ago #8030 by Mailman01
Replied by Mailman01 on topic Re:Grand Canyon
The wife and I were there this past June (the second week) and the weather was perfect. We stayed at a military campground near Williams, Az called Camp Navajo. Information about is available on this site.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8031 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re:Grand Canyon
There are two sides of the Canyon. Just a personal preference, but I prefer the north rim. There are several USFS campgrounds there. One on the outside and two on the inside. Would suggest that you get an America The Beautiful card (Access or Senior) before you go if you don't have one. Otherwise, it's $25 to get into the National Park.

We did the Canyon (both sides) in September and wore shorts.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8349 by jsummers
Replied by jsummers on topic Re: Grand Canyon
my wife & I spent Mid Sept - early Nov out West. We were on the North Rim up to the Oct 15 scheduled closing. It stays open longer but no services. Try not to miss the North Rim. Make your reservations for teh campground IN the park online way ahead of time. It's right on the rim. No electricity so it's very quiet. Water is avail. Our weather was shorts warm also the whole time. I agree about the AMerican the beautiful. We used ours 14x in Ariz, Utah & N.M. Saves you a TON. 1 thing however, a Fall vacation to the Ariz/Utah National parks & Monument Valley does not equate with a lack of tourists. The foreigners were everywhere in droves. Large droves at that. ha ! Enjoy

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds