San Diego

More
14 years 8 months ago #6399 by trucker
San Diego was created by trucker
Want to visit San Diego area in January, would like some input on campgrounds to stay at to use as a base for taking in the sights in the area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #6400 by DoggyDaddy
Replied by DoggyDaddy on topic Re:San Diego
You have the Admiral Baker Field Campground and Fiddler's Cove RV Park , both in San Diego.
If your a member of Thousand Trails, there is Pio Pico in Jamul and Oakzanita Springs in Descanso.

Joe Kleinsmith & Ultra (Eng Bull Terrier)
SFC, USArmy Retired
Full Timer (Winter in Palm Springs, CA)
08 Class A Outlaw 37" w/Ultra Classic HD & Golf Cart inside with Nissan Frontier toad.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #6409 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re:San Diego
If you don't mind "dry camping" for a few days. They used to allow RV's to park on the ashphalt at Silver Strand State Beach. It is half way between Imperial Beach and Coronado. Its a great spot to enjoy the beach, and close to everything in SD. We have not been there in 10 years so don't know what the latest is.
Good Luck
Frank

More
14 years 8 months ago #6418 by johnandmari
Replied by johnandmari on topic Re:San Diego
Silver Strand can be truely a ZOO! However, the zoo that was is now a bit more formalized, with 136 back in sites now available - No hookups for $50/night! Plus you must make reservations through ReserveAmerica and pay their fee. One word of caution, if even one drop of liquid drips from your RV, you will be asked (told) to leave. In all honesty, I can understand the fear of dripping liquid from RV's as there have been some truely horrible situations :angry: over the years at SS park.

Good luck - John

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #6420 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re:San Diego
$50 a night. Wow, it has sure changed, I think it was less than $10.00 back in the 90"s.

More
14 years 8 months ago #6421 by johnandmari
Replied by johnandmari on topic Re:San Diego
Yep, your right franknsandy, those were the days (of the zoo)! I remember fighting for our space in the BIG asphalt parking lot, and - almost - coming to blows with my next door neighbor, whose RV was at least ten inches away from ours. But, hey, we were young and life was GOOD! Wouldn't have missed it for nothing!!

John

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds