Luke AFB: FAMCAMP update and THEFT REPORTS!

More
3 years 10 months ago #17448 by SueBob
Just went to Luke AFB the other day. IF you keep your motorhome or other vehicle there:

Our CATALYTIC converter was cut off and stolen, and so was the coach's next to ours. This is supposed to be a secure, safe area off the base. There's a gate, high fence, cameras at the entrance We reported the theft to base, and my husband is going to report to Glendale, AZ police department as advised by the base. Apparently, security forces are aware,.....but aren't doing anything. We are parked in the east row (near the stables next door). We'd just had it at our house, but the City of Phoenix made us move it from both the street, and our side yard, so we had to take it back to the base even though we planned on using it this weekend. So now, we're out at least $1,500, plus it can't simply be replaced because they cut/sawed it off at the pipes on both ends. I am extremely pissed off. Out a ton of money plus time, plus now we can't go camping this weekend as we'd planned.

Anyway....the original point of my post is GOOD NEWS! At the new FAMCAMP, behind the commissary, they've poured the pads and installed BBQ grills at each site, or so it appeared. I forgot to ask the Mr. to slow down so I could snap photos. It's going to be a great place, especially in the fall/winter/spring. Hahahahaha forget camping in Phoenix area in summer - been there, done that, for 77 nights when we first moved here and could not decide on a house. After living in the coach for 77 nights with two small children and two dogs and my traveling husband in 115 degree heat, I would've picked just about any place!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds