Traveling from Boise, Id to Lake Tahoe,..tips?

More
8 years 1 week ago #14651 by Tarheel06
We are still putting our Western trip together from NC to Ca. we are stopping in Boise for a couple of days, but would like to head over to Lake Tahoe on the way to Ca. Looks challenging.. Would love some advice on a route, where to camps, etc..or not to try it? We have 37 ft class A with toad. thanks for any and all

Toni, spouse unit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #14656 by monkey44
YOU can easily take I-80 over the mountains, but a better trip thru Tahoe and if you continue beyond the lake - Use Hwy 50 or Hwy 88 ... Hwy 50 is better road, a little less winding, Hwy 88 is stunning and you should be able to tow it without a problem. Larry has worked as host in that area, so he'll probably chime in with CGs that will fit your rig.

We are much smaller, so pay little attention to site size -- and a lot of the forest CG have small sites due to the year they were built and no large TT.

DO NOT drive Hwy 4 with your rig ... beautiful drive, but very tight in places.
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by monkey44.

More
8 years 1 week ago #14657 by Tarheel06
Thankful for advice on this, hubby looking at map now...we r looking forward to our adventure, but definitely need seasoned tips...

Toni, spouse unit

More
8 years 1 week ago #14659 by stanbnv
From Boise take I84 west to exit 33, ID55, go west on ID55 to an intersection with US95. go left on US 95 south to Winnemucca, and go west on I80. If you wish, get off I80 past Lovelock NV and go south on US95 to Fallon, then right on US 50 and follow it through Carson City and go up through South Tahoe. You will see a lot of Eastern Oregon and Northern Nevada desert.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds